EACH TEACHER is responsible for reading all the information and
informing their students and their parents of the rules.
1. LEVEL: Levels of entries are Competitive, which anyone may enter, and Recreational, which only dancers who take a total of three hours or less of combined dance and/or acro lessons per week during the last three years are eligible to enter. Please note that it is not mandatory that you enter the Recreational Division if you take three hours or less, it is simply available for those who take three hours or less per week. However if a duet/trio or group has even one competitive dancer, it must enter the competitive division. Proof by a teacher’s affidavit may be required.
2. AGE: All solos, duet/trios, and groups will be classified according to the following: 6 yrs & under; 7-8; 9-10; 11-12; 13-14; 15-16; 17-18-19; 20-29; 30 yrs. & over. To obtain the average of the duet/trios and groups, add all the ages of the students divide by the total number and drop the decimal point. Students must be able to provide proof of age upon request. Ages as of April 1st. Dancers must compete on the day and time they are scheduled - no exceptions.
3. DANCE DIVISIONS: Jazz, Ballet/Pointe', Musical Theatre, Acrobatic, Lyrical, Contemporary/Modern, Tap, Hip Hop, Open, Production. **Please note The Musical Theatre division should consist of a routine containing novelty mime or character. No large equipment will be allowed for any divisions including Acrobatic. The Production division must have a minimum of 12 dancers and may utilize any style or combination of styles generally portraying a theme or story. The Open division is for a routine which does not fit under any of the other divisions. A routine that is a fusion of more than one style. However, it can not be used as a substitute division. An example would be, a dancer has 2 jazz routines so they enter one under Open, this will not be allowed.
· Acrobatic tricks: as acro becomes more integrated into other styles of dance, our rules have been updated. A routine entered in a style other than acrobatics that has 50% or more acrobatic tricks will be moved into the acrobatics category.
1. CATEGORIES: All students entered will be classified according to the following: Solo; Duet/Trio; Small Group (4-9 dancers); Large Group(10+ dancers); Production (12 + dancers). GROUPS: The exact same students may not compete against themselves; however, if the number of students competing changes, they may compete in each and all of the dance divisions, at their own age level.
2. ALL DUET/TRIOS AND GROUPS MUST REMAIN AS ENTERED REGARDLESS OF ABSENTEES. All routines must remain in the age division as entered, unless the mistake was made by Summerdanse. No changes may be made without checking the original application.
3. TIME: A time limit of 3 minutes and 30 seconds will be allowed for each routine. All routines will be timed and any routine that exceeds the time limit will be assessed - 1 point per second, per judge. Dance teachers will be responsible for the overtime routines. Timing will take place at all levels of competition. PRODUCTION ROUTINES: 10 minute time limit.
4. JUDGING: The judges have the prerogative of reclassifying any routine in the preliminary competition. Contestants leaving the stage during the performance will not be allowed to return unless given the consent of all the judges. Routines will be judged by a panel of qualified judges on the following: (1) Personality & Emotion (2) Precision (3) Degree of Difficulty (4) Appearance (5) Entrance and Exit (6) Entertainment Value
The Decision Of The Judges Will Be Final . Judges scores will be available to dance teachers only after each awards announcement. Judges critiques and results will be uploaded to each studio directors dance bug account.
5. ENTRY FEES: NO REFUNDS. Make checks payable to Beverly Crowe
Teachers please call or email for entry pricing
Entry Fee must be postmarked 30 days before Regional Competition date.
LATE FEE: $5.00 per person-per entry, up to 10 days before competition. All late entries must be paid for in cash, certified check or money order.
EARLY BIRD SAVINGS: All entry fees paid in full 60 days prior to competition date receive a 5% discount
1. NO ADMISSION CHARGED TO VIEW COMPETITION
Programs - $7.00
All students must check in with the M.C. backstage 45 minutes before their performance; otherwise we will assume you will not participate.
— Volume control by MC —
Copyright © 2018 Summerdanse Competition - All Rights Reserved.